Customer may come to GVSL through;
- Walk in at the reception
- Appointment by calling or from previous session
- Referral from other clinic/client
- Customer’s arrival at the reception: (request contact information then confirm customer’s existence in the data base ( request completion of forms if not) confirm if information is current (request updates if not)
- Customer to waiting room customer waits for their turn for the next doctor
- Customer to doctor [here the doctor examines the patient ,physical, laboratory tests, x-ray, may take blood sample to the lab for hematology and blood biochemistry or Urine sample for urinalysis). The doctor may decide:
Post –examination treatment given from pharmacy, if drug not available, the doctor writes prescription.
Follow up visit if required, an appointment is issued.
- Treatment of patient
- The patient may go to theater
- The patient may be admitted
- The patient may be discharged without any treatment.
After treatment, the patient may be admitted; hence the doctor fills the admission form, the patient may be dicharged hence the doctor writes the bill and gets paid. After theatre, the patient may be admitted; hence the doctor writes an admission form or discharges the patient and writes the bill.
After admission, the doctor discharges the patient and writes the bill. Payment on the account; customers coming to settle accounts need not see the doctor but can pay directly to the secretary or doctor on duty.
Special clinics; customers may book an appointment for specialized clinics which are held once a week on the day set aside (this is underway).
Weight management clinic
Diet and nutrition
Dentistry for pets